Monday, April 11, 2016

Writer's Block

I honestly have no inspiration today

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO TALK ABOUT!

Normally I just sit down on my living room floor, grab my laptop, and get to writing about whatever is in my head.  No plans, just writing.  Today, there is nothing.

AB. SO. LUTE. LY. NO. THING.

I sat in front of this goddamn screen for over an hour.  Just staring. I think that I definitely caused some damage to my retinas waiting for an inspiring thought that never came.

Maybe I am tired.  I mean I did take a 2 hour angry nap today because I got extremely pissed off this afternoon.   What is an angry nap, you ask?  It is kind of like a normal nap, but you get so mad that you ended up tiring yourself out, like a toddler, so you nap away the anger.  Which didn't really help, because when my roommate woke me up so we could go to the movies, I was still angry.  I wasn't even happy about the snacks I bought at concessions.  I got nachos, and I didn't even enjoy them.  I only get excited about a few things in this life: dinosaurs, books, movies, and food.  That's it.  Am I dying?

I mean, I turned off my phone today and left it at home because I was so angry.  It was actually kind of freeing.

Maybe I'm depressed, like in a dramatic sense, not the literal sense because that is a very real and horrible mental illness and it is not something to be taken lightly. 

Maybe I have just exhausted every thought in my head and peaked the minute I started this blog.  I feel that that is impossible because I usually can't even sleep at night because I'm thinking about so many different things.  Like, the fact that when you touch anything with your tongue, you're not touching, but tasting.  HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!

Maybe my bad mood from earlier has just made me spiral out of control.  Ugh, and if I have to hear one more person say, "be happy, it isn't so bad. Someone out there has it worse than you," I will lose my fucking mind.  I get it, there are homeless people living under bridges, and there are starving children that have no idea when they will have their next meal.  SHUT UP! I get it, but that doesn't diminish the fact that I had a bad day.  No one gets to tell me how I feel about something, because it's HOW I FEEL YOU ASSHAT!

If you are reading this, please, PLEASE don't ever be that person.  No one likes that person.  It's worse than the person who is always fucking chipper at 8 am and has to tell everyone about their weekend.  Stop it, Linda.  No one cares.

I honestly am just over being an adult today.
I'll try again tomorrow.

Rebecca's Adulthood Survival Tip #9: Sometimes, you just gotta go off the grid.  Be like Ron Swanson, no phone, just you in your cabin in the woods with some whiskey.  Or, be like me and scream until you pass out and wake up in a puddle of your own drool.  Or whatever works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment